Assembly on Seat Hinge
- Insert 5/16" x 2 1/4" hex bolt into round hole of bracket and through lower
5/16" hole in large pipe. Apply locknut and tighten only enough to hold pipe
snugly. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN as this will damage holder.
- Apply 5/16" lock washer to 5/16" x 2 1/2" hex bolt. Insert bolt into
slotted radius of bracket and through upper 5/16" hole in large pipe. Apply
hand knob and tighten.
- Insert nylon thumb screws into 1/4" holes in large and small pipe.
- Slide small pipe into large pipe and lock in place with thumb screws.
- Remove bolts from seat hinge (usually two), apply fender washers to bolts,
put bracket in place and return bolts. Tighten securely.
Use of Stabilizer Bolt
If the "Over and Out" is mounted to the bottom of the seat hinge, the
stabilizer bolt is OPTIONAL but RECOMMENDED to prevent damage
in windy situations.
Position the bracket on the bottom of the hinge so that a 1/4" hole can be
drilled through the hinge frame. Apply the 1/4" x 1" bolt through the hinge
and the horseshoe slot in the bracket (see illustration above). This will
prevent swaying in windy situations.
Assembly to Back of Seat
- Mount top of bracket flush with top of seat (or higher) to take advantage
of extended radius.
- Drill two pilot holes for screws. (Use self-tapping screws appropriate
for the seat material. SCREWS ARE NOT SUPPLIED!)
- Apply fender washers to screws and attach bracket to seat back.
- Mount pipes to INSIDE of bracket as shown above.